Social Action Committee
The Prince of Peace Social Action Committee focuses on education, advocacy, and activities within the local and global community.
Through newsletter and newspaper articles, presentations, and lending library, we educate on:
- The environment
- Homelessness and supportive housing
- LGBTQ, African American, and Native American experiences
Through activities we support the local communities and protect the environment, for example:
- Collect books, buttons, and crayons for SCARCE
- Recycle empty personal care containers through Terracycle
- March in Chicago Pride Parade
- Prepare trail mix for The Night Ministry.
- Partner with Faith in Place on energy and climate
- Member of Community Renewal Society
- Member of Reconciling Ministries Network and Chicago Coalition of Welcoming Churches
Please join us in these endeavors!